Aliphatic Polyurea is a 100% solid, fast curing, 2 components, UV resistive, aliphatic pure polyurea system. Its formulation is designed for maintaining high color stability and preventing discoloration where surfaces are exposed to sun light continuously. While it can be directly used on most surfaces, it also can be used as a top layer on epoxy, polyurethane and polyurea. After fully cured, it forms a coating material with high tensile strength and abrasion resistance. For protection and coating purposes, it can be applied on concrete, metal, wood, ceramic and PU foam. It can form strong films in wide variety of thicknesses. The material must be applied utilizing high pressure, heated plural component spray proportioning equipment.
- Excellent resistance to UV light
- 100% color stability
- Fast reactivity and fast return to service time
- 100% solid, VOC free, no odor
- Very good tensile and structural strength
- High Hydrolysis resistance
- Excellent temperature stability
- Seamless and joint-less coating with high water resistance
- Excellent adhesion on concrete, steel, aluminum, plastics, wood, et
- No sensitivity to temperature and humidity
- Variable application thickness is possible
- Broad color spectrum
- At exterior coatings where color stability is required
- Swimming pools and water parks
- Roofs, garages and parking lots
- Airports, shipyards and marina
- Wind energy plants
- Amusement parks and playgrounds
- Decorative designs
- Furniture industry
SURFACE PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
- Surface preparation strongly affect coating performan Concrete substrates must be prepared mechanically using abrasive blast cleaning to remove cement laitance and achieve an open textured surface. Weak concrete must be removed and surface defects such as voids must be fully exposed. Repairs to the substrate, filling of blowholes/voids and surface levelling must be carried out using appropriate products. The application surface has to be primed in order to achieve an even surface and good adhesion.
- All dust, loose and friable material must be completely removed from all surfaces before application of the product, preferably by brush and/or vacuum. For application pull off strength of the surface should be min. 1.5 N/mm² and concrete residual moisture should be max. 6 %.
- Isocyanate prepolimer and amine resin must be applied using a 2-component high pressure and heat spray machine. The machine should be able to spray the components in 1:1 volume ratio. In order to achieve good performance, the temperature and pressure should stay same during the application.
- Before application, amine component must be stirred using a barrel mixer.