AQUASEAL 300 is a specially formulated Liquid anti-crack, integral, general waterproofing admixture which reduces the transmission of water through concrete, mortar and screed. It is suitable for use in all concrete, mortar or screed. Typical applications areas include, wall plasters, Foundation, piles, water retaining structures, manholes, sewage treatment plants, swimming pool, and septic tanks.
- Reduces the permeability of the concrete, plaster and screed, thereby increasing building durability.
- Unlike coatings, AQUASEAL 300 when added to plaster or concrete during mixing becomes an integral part of the concrete and plaster; hence, waterproofing protection is still maintained even if surface damage occurs.
- It helps to increase the compressive strength of concrete
- Protects reinforcement bars against ASR attack and corrosion
- Helps to reduce shrinkage crack development in concrete and Plaster especially in hot weather.
- Increases the overall workability of concrete during placement
STANDARD COMPLIANCE AND SPECIFICATION
- AQUASEAL 300 meets the water absorption requirements of the European Standard BSEN934-2.
TYPICAL APPLICATION AREA
AQUASEAL 300 can be used for the waterproofing of all types of concrete, plaster and screed . It such as:
- Swimming pool
- Wall plaster and Screeding
- Septic tank
- Water retaining structures
- As a complimentary protection in the Screeding of terraces, Balconies and Roof Gutters.
- All concrete, Mortar and Screed requiring waterproofing.
The recommended dosage for AQUASEAL 300 is 0.5% to 1% of cement content. However, optimum dosage to meet specific requirements should always be determined by trials using the admixture on site.
AQUASEAL 300 Is not a replacement for good concrete practice. Please note that no amount of waterproofing admixture can replace and make up for poor quality concrete. As a minimum requirement Armorsil recommends a minimum of 300 kg of cement per cubic of concrete.