ARMOR INSULATOR 200 is premium two component closed cell polyurethane Spray foam for building insulation system. The product is generated on site by combining an isocyanate and a polymeric resin through a dual-component proportional. Fast, easy and adaptable, it can achieve an R-value of 20 at 3 inches. ARMOR INSULATOR 200 is a high density based polyurethane foam recommended for roofing and other exterior insulation because it is applied in a continuous manner.
ARMOR INSULATOR 200 is recommended for use as insulation foam on the following areas:
- Exterior Roof Insulation
- Wall and floor Insulation
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
- Superior Thermal Resistance – The R- value of ARMOR INSULATOR 200 is higher than traditional insulation products resulting in reduced conductive heat loss and lower energy consumption.
- Excellent Air Sealing Ability – ARMOR INSULATOR 200 is a closed cell insulation that expands while being installed creating an effective air barrier, reducing air leakage, resulting in improved comfort and energy savings.
- Durability – INSULATOR 200 is a highly durable and lasting insulation product. It extends building life
- Joint less – ARMOR INSULATOR 200 insulating material produces a seamless insulating layer with no joints or gaps and reduces energy loss due to thermal bridging.
- Seamless- Liquid” installation means that critical, inaccessible or curved areas can be insulated without any problem.
- Fast and Easy Installation – no need for laborious cutting and fitting.
- Excellent Adhesion– Because ARMOR INSULATOR 200 is applied in situ, it has the advantage of fitting like a second skin and is suitable for virtually all substrates such as concrete, timber boards, corrugated fibre cement and profiled metal sheet.
DIRECTION FOR USE
Surface Preparation and Application
For optimum results, surfaces receiving ARMOR INSULATOR 200 should be clean and dry, free of dirt, oil, solvent, grease, loose particulate, peeling coating or other foreign matter. ARMOR INSULATOR 200 adheres well without primer to expanded polystyrene, extruded polystyrene, foil-faced insulation boards, CMU and cured concrete. Ferro metallic substrates (especially mild steel) should be sand-blasted in accordance with SSPC-SP6. Sand-blasted surfaces should be immediately primed with an epoxide primer as recommended by the primer manufacturer. Galvanized and stainless steel, and aluminum substrates should be treated with an appropriate wash primer or adhesive prior to application of ARMOR INSULATOR 200
ARMOR INSULATOR is specified for use for the insulation of external roof floors depending on irregularities in the substrates. Below are the general consumption guides, 0.7kg to 1.5 kg depending on the roughness or smoothness of the surface per layer of coatings depending on thickness of application so desired.
Spraying of polyurethane foam results in the atomizing of the components to a fine mist. Inhalation and exposure to the atomized droplets must be avoided. Applicators must use personal protective equipment recommended by the Center for Polyurethanes Industry for use in high pressure spray foam application. Precautions include, but are not limited to:
- Full-face mask or hood with fresh air source
- Fabric coveralls
- Fabric gloves
- Rubber gloves when handling new materials and cleaning solvents.
WARNING: Exposure may occur even when no noticeable odor is encountered.