ARMORCOAT -1K is a high performing polymer modified one component cementitious membrane, which is mixed with water to form a dense, semi-flexible waterproof barrier. ARMORCOAT -1K is designed for positive and negative side waterproofing on concrete and masonry surfaces. ARMORCOAT -1K is suitable for the waterproofing of terraces, balconies, under tiles, bathrooms, water tanks, basements, lift pits and other wet areas.
ARMORCOAT -1K is based on Advanced Polymer technology; it possesses outstanding adhesion, mechanical properties, resistance to frost and salt water, it has enhanced flexibility and excellent crack bridging properties. ARMORCOAT -1K does not contain any ingredient which could negatively affect reinforcement or concrete.
ARMORCOAT -1K can be used for the waterproofing of the following areas:
- Podiums, Terraces, Balconies and under tile areas
- Swimming Pools, Water Fountains, bathrooms, Kitchens
- Basement walls, internal and external side
- Waterproof coatings of old and new structures, above grade and below grade, positive or
- negative side.
- Waterproofing system over concrete blocks, bricks, masonry and mortars
- Sealing static hairline crack in concrete not subject to movement.
- Waterproofing of Foundation and retaining walls
ARMORCOAT -1K can also be used for the Damp proofing treatment of walls and other mineral substrates
Advantages and Benefits
- ARMORCOAT -1K can be used for both negative and positive side waterproofin
- Can continuously withstand extreme hydrostatic pressure
- It is certified for potable water
- ARMORCOAT -1K dries without cracking, it has low shrinkage
- Can withstand UV exposure
- Because it is one component, and mixed with water, it is easy to use.
- Tested up to 6 bar water pressure (60m head of pressure); positive side; tested to 1.5 bar (15m head of pressure) on negative side
- Can withstand foot traffic
- Can be applied to damp and moist substrates and allows concrete breathe
- Surfaces must be prepared thoroughly before commencing application. All substrates must be structurally sound, stable, dry, and clean, with substrate compressive strength at a minimum 25MPa and cohesive strength a minimum 1.5MPa.
- Smooth shiny surfaces to be roughened or etched. Rough surfaces are to be evened or filled first with armor Repair Mortar.
- Repair all static crack, honeycombs, all surfaces are to be free from loose material, de-bonded coatings, curing membranes/agents, release agents, wax residues, foreign particles, laitance, algae and moss, grime, oils, animal fats or grease remains structurally unsound layers and surface contaminants are to be mechanically removed by abrasive blasting, blast tracking, grinding or equivalent methods according to International Surface preparation.
Mixing and Application
ARMORCOAT -1K is packed in a 20kg bag and should be mixed as illustrated below:
- Pour 5 to 5.8 Liters of clean water into container, slowly add Armorcoat-1K and continue mixing.
- Mix thoroughly for a period of 3 minutes with a slow mechanical mixer to a slurry consistency without any powder or lumps. Mixing manually may not achieve optimum product performanc
- Before the application of Armorcoat- 1K, the surface must be made damp (SSD) with water to allow proper adhesion
- Armorcoat-1k must be applied in a minimum of two layers with rollers, brush, trowel or spray gun.
- In areas with Micro cracks or pre-stressed Fiber glass should be used for the application of Armorcoat -1K
Protect fresh application from rain, frost and direct sunlight in very hot weather. Armorcoat -1K should not be applied in very cold temperatures less than 400F