ARMORCOAT-2K is a high performing two component flexible membrane consisting of a powder and a liquid acrylic emulsion component that when mixed together form an acrylic flexible protective and waterproof coatings. Ideal for the waterproofing of Balconies, terraces, flat roofs, reservoirs, basements, tunnels, water tanks, podium desks and all wet areas.
ARMORCOAT-2K is based on Advanced Polymer technology; it possesses outstanding adhesion, mechanical properties, resistance to frost and salt water, has enhanced flexibility and excellent crack bridging properties. ARMORCOAT-2K does not contain any ingredient which could negatively affect reinforcement or concrete.
ARMORCOAT -2K can be used for the waterproofing of the following areas:
- Podiums, Terraces, Balconies and under tile areas
- Swimming Pools, Water Fountains, bathrooms, Kitchens
- Basement walls, internal and external side
- Waterproof coatings of old and new structures, above grade and below grade, positive or negative side.
- Waterproofing system over concrete blocks, bricks, masonry and mortars
- Sealing static hairline crack in concrete not subject to movement.
Waterproofing of Foundation and retaining walls
Advantages and Benefits
- ARMORCOAT-2K can withstands continuously wet and immersed environment
- ARMORCOAT-2K is flexible therefore can withstand normal substrate movement from building surfaces.
- It is certified for potable water
- ARMORCOAT-2K dries without cracking, it has low shrinkage
- Can withstand UV exposure.
- It has excellent bonding properties to screeds, renders, and tile adhesives.
- Tested up to 6 bar water pressure (60m head of pressure); positive side; tested to 1.5 bar (15m head of pressure) on negative side
- Can withstand light foot traffic
- Can be applied to damp and moist substrates and allows concrete breath
- Surfaces must be prepared thoroughly before commencing application. All substrates must be structurally sound, stable, dry, and clean, with substrate compressive strength at a minimum 25MPa and cohesive strength a minimum 1.5MPa.
- Smooth shiny surfaces to be roughened or etched. Rough surfaces are to be evened or filled first with Armor Repair Mortar.
- Repair all static crack, honeycombs, all surfaces are to be free from loose material, de-bonded coatings, curing membranes/agents, release agents, wax residues, foreign particles, laitance, algae and moss, grime, oils, animal fats or grease remains structurally unsound layers and surface contaminants are to be mechanically removed by abrasive blasting, blast tracking, grinding or equivalent methods according to International Surface preparation.
Mixing and Application
ARMORCOAT -2K consists of a 20kg powder bag and 6litres Liquid keg, membrane is formed by mixing component A (Powder) and B (Liquid) together in ratio 3: 1 as illustrated below:
- Pour one part Liquid to a clean container and add three-part powder
- Mix thoroughly for a period of 3 minutes with a slow mechanical mixer to a slurry consistency without any powder or lumps. Mixing manually may not achieve optimum product performance.
- Before the application Armorcoat- 2K the surface must be made damp (SSD) with water to allow proper adhesion
- Armorcoat-2k must be applied in a minimum of two layers with rollers, brush, trowel or spray gun.
- In areas with Micro cracks or pre-stressed Fiber glass should be used for the application of Armorcoat -2K
- Protect fresh application from rain, frost and direct sunlight in very hot weather. Armorcoat -1K should not be applied in very cold temperatures less than 400F.
Method of Application
- Airless Spray
Approximately 1.7kg/Sqm per mm of thickness of two layers
Spray Gun Application
Approximately 2kg/Sqm per mm of thickness of two layers
Note: Note that consumption may vary depending on the state of the substrate