ARMORKIM ADMIX 600 – Krystal Integral Membrane is a powder crystalline Integral waterproofing admixture designed to resist hydrostatic pressure and for all concrete requiring primary waterproofing. The innovative crystalline technology within ARMORKIM ADMIX 600 reacts with moisture, silicate and free lime, a natural by-product of the cement hydration process.
The reaction creates millions of nano-crystals which grow throughout the concrete pores and capillary tract. Thus, the concrete becomes permanently sealed against the penetration of water or liquids from any direction. The concrete is protected from the deterioration due to harsh environmental conditions.
ARMORKIM ADMIX 600 has been specifically formulated to meet the different temperature and climate conditions.
ARMORKIM ADMIX 600 can be used for the structural waterproofing of all concrete structures such as:
- Sewage and Water Treatment Plants
- Foundation and retaining Wall
- Underground Vaults
- Secondary Containment Structures
- Tunnels and Subway Systems
- Swimming Pool
- Concrete Slabs and Precast panels
- Shotcrete and G Unit applications
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
- Extremely resistant to hydrostatic pressure from both negative and positive side of the slab
- Increases compressive strength and freeze the resistance of the concrete
- Becomes an integral part of the concrete.
- Highly resistant to aggressive chemicals and protect reinforcement against corrosion.
- Non-toxic (NSF 61 cer tiﬁed for potable water applications)
- Negligible effect on slump, air entrainment, plasticizers and water reducers.
- Permeability tested as per ACE (Army corps of Engineers)
- Allows concrete to breath and can seal airline crack up-to 0.4mm
DIRECTION FOR USE
Dosage Rate: 1% by weight of cement. Consult with ARMORSIL’s Technical Department for assistance in verifying the appropriate dosage rate and for further information regarding enhanced chemical resistance and optimum concrete performance for your project.
Mixing: ARMORKIM ADMIX 600 must be added to the concrete at the time of batching either at the batching plant or at the point of placement
SETTING TIME AND STRENGTH
The setting time of concrete is affected by the chemical and physical composition of ingredients, temperature of the concrete and climatic conditions. ARMORKIM ADMIX 600 will have little or no effect on the set time. However concrete with ARMORKIM ADMIX 600 may deliver higher compressive strength than normal concrete
ARMORKIM ADMIX 600 should be specified for all concrete surfaces subject to hydrostatic pressure or water attack.
ARMORKIM 600 meets ACI 212 classification of Permeability Reducing Admixture for Hydrostatic Condition (PRAH)