ARMORTILEPROOF – is an effective and easy to use high performing polymer modified cementitious membrane, which is mixed with water to form a dense, semi flexible waterproof barrier for the waterproofing of bathrooms, kitchens and other wet areas. ARMORTILEPROOF is based on Advanced Polymer technology; it possesses outstanding adhesion, mechanical properties, enhanced flexibility and excellent crack bridging properties. ARMORTILEPROOF does not contain any ingredient which could negatively affect reinforcement or concrete.
ARMORTILEPROOF can be used for the waterproofing of the following areas:
- Waterproofing of Bathrooms before tiling
- Waterproofing of kitchen floors and wall
- Waterproofing of Wet areas
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
- Helps to eliminate a n d p r e v e n t leakages in the future
- Helps to eliminate damage to aesthetics of your structure
- It is easy to apply, can be applied by any trained Tile installer
- Because of its high coverage, it offers an affordable alternative to protecting your structure from water damage
- Can be applied to damp and moist substrates and allows concrete breathe
- Surfaces must be prepared thoroughly before commencing application. All substrates must be structurally sound, stable, dry, and clean, with substrate compressive strength at a minimum 25MPa and cohesive strength a minimum 1.5MPa.
- Smooth shiny surfaces to be roughened or etched. Rough surfaces are to be evened or filled first with Armor Repair Mortar.
- Repair all static crack, honeycombs, all surfaces are to be free from loose material, de- bonded coatings, curing membranes/agents, release agents, wax residues, foreign particles, laitance, algae and moss, grime, oils, animal fats or grease remains structurally unsound layers and surface contaminants are to be mechanically removed by abrasive blasting, blast tracking, grinding or equivalent methods according to International Surface preparation.
MIXING AND APPLICATION
ARMORTILEPROOF is packed in a 20kg bag and should be mixed as illustrated below:
- Pour 5 to 5.8 Liters of clean water into container, slowly add Armortileproof and continue mixing.
- Mix thoroughly for a period of 3 minutes with a slow mechanical mixer to a slurry consistency without any powder or lumps. Mixing manually may not achieve optimum product performanc
- Before the application Armortileproof the surface must be made damp (SSD) with water to allow proper adhesion
- Armorcoat-1k must be applied in a minimum of two layers with rollers, brush, trowel or spray gun.
- In areas with Micro cracks or prestressed Fiber glass should be used for the application of Armortileproof
Protect fresh application from rain, frost and direct sunlight in very hot weather. Armortileproof should not be applied in very cold temperatures less than 40 F.